2020-05-05 - Praise
We continue to prayerfully, empathetically and considerately deal with the Corona Virus situation, Meanwhile, we are to praise God in the midst - because He is God, and He is worthy of that praise. I encourage you to join me in praying this Psalm to our Lord.
Verses Compiled by Janice Moser
- will extol thee, my God, O King;
And I will bless thy name for ever and ever.
- Every day will I bless thee;
And I will praise thy name for ever and ever.
- Great is Jehovah, and greatly to be praised;
And his greatness is unsearchable.
- One generation shall laud thy works to another,
And shall declare thy mighty acts.
- Of the glorious majesty of thine honor,
And of thy wondrous works, will I meditate. (Berean Study Bible)
- Everyone will talk about
your fearsome deeds,
and I will tell all nations
how great you are.
- They will celebrate and sing
about your matchless mercy
and your power to save.
- You are merciful, LORD!
You are kind and patient
and always loving.
- You are good to everyone,
and you take care
of all your creation.
- All creation will thank you,
and your loyal people
will praise you. (CEV)
- They will speak of the glory of your kingdom;
they will give examples of your power.
- They will tell about your mighty deeds
and about the majesty and glory of your reign.
- For your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom.
You rule throughout all generations.
The LORD always keeps his promises;
he is gracious in all he does.b
- The LORD helps the fallen
and lifts those bent beneath their loads.
- The eyes of all look to you in hope;
you give them their food as they need it. (NLT)
16 Thou openest thine hand, and satisfiest the desire of every living thing.17 The LORD is righteous in all his ways, and holy in all his works.18The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth. 19 He will fulfil the desire of them that fear him: he also will hear their cry, and will save them, 20 The LORD preserveth all them that love him: but all the wicked will he destroy. 21 My mouth shall speak the praise of the LORD: and let all flesh bless his holy name for ever and ever. (KJV)
All verses are from the New American Standard Version (NASB) unless otherwise noted.
Please visit our Christian Fellowship Facebook page, and we welcome your input on our fledgling page! Invite a friend!
Jan's Devotions |
Yesterday's Devotion |