2019-11-26 - Modern Saint from the Ghetto
Modern Day Saints Series ~ Part 6
We all have inspiring people in our lives. If we have eyes to see and ears to hear, we will notice them and thank them.
They are (in no particular order) and not an exhaustive list)
- the friends who pray. ask how things are going and really mean it (Some of you were those saints for us in 2016, and you know who you are!).
- people who work faithfully behind the scenes at church or in other ministries.
- people who are patient when lines are slow (I sometimes fail at this, myself!).
- church members who tithe faithfully, so that the church can pay its bills and support missions.
- people who always "do the right thing," even when it is hard.
- friends or youth church members who mow yards or help with leaves, when someone is unable to do so.
- our mailman who delivered a huge package (shower chair), saw my husband in a wheelchair and offered to do anything at all to help.
- people who help those who are vulnerable and often unable to help themselves, such as crime victims who are sometimes disabled emotionally or physically from the violence.
- those who work to help the homeless.
- people who help suffering animals.
- customers who get too much change back, and take back the extra to the cashier.
- people who offer to help with daily errands when someone's family members are ill.
- people who spearhead drives for food or toys and other gifts for families in need.
- people who expose the truth and share it, even when some are not open to hearing it, trusting that the Spirit will open their hearts to it.
- people who pray for and otherwise help disaster victims, LONG-TERM.
- people who continue to remember and support those in need, after the initial "crisis" has passed but need is still present.
They are everyone who inspire us and makes the world a better place. May we be among them!
My fellow CF writers and I are thankful for our 4000+ readers for taking the time to read, share thoughts and pray. I hope that everyone reading this has a blessed Thanksgiving.
Janice P. Moser
Please visit our Christian Fellowship Facebook page, and we welcome your input on our fledgling page! Invite a friend!
If you have a prayer request for Christian Fellowship’s Prayer Ministry, or if you would like to receive prayer requests in email, feel free to write email@example.com (Jan), firstname.lastname@example.org (Debbie)
All verses are from the New American Standard Version (NASB) unless otherwise noted.
November 2019 |
Jan's Devotions |
Yesterday's Devotion |